Ethiopia and Development Partners holding discussion on Basic Service Programs
Ethiopia and Development Partners holding discussions on Basic Service Delivery Program called Enhancing Shared Prosperity through Equitable Service (ESPES).
During the Discussion State Minister of Ministry of Finance Economic Cooperation Admasu Nebebe remarks Ethiopia with support from Development Partners has moved from single Protection Basic Service Program multiple set of basic service delivery and systems strengthening programs such as Promoting Basic Service Program(PBS III) through the joint effort of the government and Development Partners implementing these programs ,Ethiopia has made tremendous progress in promoting equity, build capacity enhance effectiveness, efficiency and institutionalize crucial system for service delivery at decentralized level.
Admasu also said that those programs have made impressive in the area of education, health, agriculture, water and rural roads. Primary school enrollment has significantly increased, child mortality has decreased, and the number of people with access to clean water has increased over the years, although there still needs to make more strong effort towards addressing challenge related to maternal, nutrition, and gender equality noted State Minister.
On behalf of DPS, World Bank country representative on her part said Ethiopia has achieved a remarkable economic progress over the last many years. The economic growth is also accompanied by significance achievement in decentralized basic service provisions in health, education, agriculture, rural road and water and sanitation. These achievements were possible because of improvement in the implementation capacity of the government at federal, regional and local level. In this respect, she congratulate the GoE for building one of the high rated PFM system in Africa.
On behalf of the Basic Service Delivery Group (BSDG) Development Partner, namely the Austrian Development Cooperation, the Africa Development Bank, the UK's Department for Intentional Development, the European Union, the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, and the World Bank.
The discussion has gathered all public finance actors from Federal, Regional and City Administration.
- Agreement Signed to Increase the Productivity and Competitiveness of the Livestock Sector
- Ethiopia and Development Partners holding discussion on Basic Service Programs
- Ethiopia Economy Expected to Move toward a more sustainable path
- Ethiopia Signs Financing Agreements with the World Bank
- Ethiopia Signs Financing Agreement with the World Bank
- Republic of Czech and Ethiopia sign a cooperation agreement
- በ2ዐ10 በጀት ዓመት የመጀመሪያ ስድስት ወራት ውስጥ የተገኘና የፈሰሰ የውጭ ሀብት
- Ethiopia Launches New Sustainable Intervention for Green Cities Development
- Italy and the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia sign agreement on financing of a health infrastructures enhancing project.
- የተረጋጋ ማክሮ ኢኮኖሚ ለማረጋገጥ የመንግስት ልማት ድርጅቶች የድርሻቸውን እንዲወጡ ተገለፀ