Ethiopia Signs Financing Agreement with the World Bank
March 9, 2018, The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia signed two Financing Agreements amounting to USD 375 Million (approximately ETB 10.4 billion) in the form of loan with the World Bank at a ceremony held at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation (MoFEC).
The proceeds from the first Financing Agreement amounting to USD 250 million in the form of regular credit and USD 125 million Scale-up Facility Credit will be used for the implementation of the Ethiopia Electrification Program. This financing will enable to increase the connection of households to the electric grid thereby increasing access to electricity at the household level significantly.
H.E. Dr. Abraham Tekeste, Minister, Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation and Ms. Carolyn Turk, World Bank Country Director for Ethiopia Sudan and South Sudan, signed the agreements on behalf of the Ethiopian Government and the World Bank respectively.
- Agreement Signed to Increase the Productivity and Competitiveness of the Livestock Sector
- Ethiopia and Development Partners holding discussion on Basic Service Programs
- Ethiopia Economy Expected to Move toward a more sustainable path
- Ethiopia Signs Financing Agreements with the World Bank
- Ethiopia Signs Financing Agreement with the World Bank
- Republic of Czech and Ethiopia sign a cooperation agreement
- በ2ዐ10 በጀት ዓመት የመጀመሪያ ስድስት ወራት ውስጥ የተገኘና የፈሰሰ የውጭ ሀብት
- Ethiopia Launches New Sustainable Intervention for Green Cities Development
- Italy and the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia sign agreement on financing of a health infrastructures enhancing project.
- የተረጋጋ ማክሮ ኢኮኖሚ ለማረጋገጥ የመንግስት ልማት ድርጅቶች የድርሻቸውን እንዲወጡ ተገለፀ