Agreement Signed to Increase the Productivity and Competitiveness of the Livestock Sector
Aiming to provide technical assistance to increase the productivity and competitiveness of the Livestock Sector in Ethiopia, a Grant agreement amounting to USD 325, 000 (equivalent to 8,8 Million birr) signed between the Government of Ethiopia and Africa Capacity Building Foundation at a ceremony held at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation (MoFEC).
The major outcomes of the project is strengthening capacity of targeted Farmers Training Centers and improving the market system through enhancing the market oriented skills of extension workers in relevant livestock domain.
It is also stated during the occasion that, Ethiopian livestock sector is endowed with abundant resources and spurred by population growth while the domestic demand for meat and dairy is continuing to grow. The meat and dairy markets presents huge opportunities for business and increasing the availability of animal sourced product which can address food security in Ethiopia.
However, key challenges continue to undermine the performance and potential of the livestock sector resulting in low production and productivity level mainly due to limited institutional capacity primarily at woreda and community level and lack of trained extension personnel.
H.E Ato Admasu Nebebe, State Minister of MoFEC and Professor Emmanuel Nnadozie, Executive Secretary, Africa Capacity Building Foundation signed the agreements on behalf of the Ethiopian Government and the Africa Capacity Building Foundation respectively.
- Ethiopia signs Grant Agreement with Denmark
- Ethiopia and Slovak Republic Sign Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
- Ethiopia sign finance agreement with Arab bank
- Ethiopia and the WB working to enhance PSNP-IV
- Signing of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF)
- Africa Development Bank to finance two Projects in Ethiopia with 327 million USD
- Ethiopia Signs Financing Agreements with the World Bank
- Italy Agreed to support three programs in Ethiopia
- FTA: A Tool Ensuring Good Governance
- Ethiopia and Germany Agreed to Continue Their Development Cooperation Focusing on Agriculture, Education & Biodiversity